Warmer weather means one thing for homeowners: pests. The bugs and critters that have been hibernating all winter are now coming out to play, and they’re looking for food, water, and shelter. If you don’t want them invading your home, it’s time to take action. Here are some tips on how to effectively combat springtime pests.
1. Start by identifying the pests in your area. Knowing what type of pest is present will determine which control methods are most effective.
2. Use natural pest control methods whenever possible. This could include the use of insect-repelling plants, like marigolds or lavender, or setting up sticky traps to catch bugs and rodents. There are also chemical alternatives such as boric acid powders and sprays that can be used to get rid of certain insects and spiders.
3. Seal any entry points into the home where pests may be entering from the outdoors. Look for cracks and crevices around windows and doors, paying close attention to any screens that may have holes in them as well. To prevent rodents from getting in, cover any holes or gaps with steel wool.
4. Keep food scraps and garbage tightly sealed in containers to prevent attracting pests into the home. Additionally, make sure all dishes are clean and put away after each meal. This is especially important if you have pets as their food may attract bugs as well.
5. Have a professional come out to inspect your home for any areas where pests may be getting in from outside or hiding inside walls or ceilings. They can also assess the situation to determine which pest control methods would work best for your specific needs.
By following these tips, you can keep your home free of springtime pests this season! Remember to always consult a professional when dealing with an infestation, as they can provide the best advice on how to get rid of them quickly and effectively.
The Top 5 Best Natural Pest Control Methods
Natural pest control methods are a great way to keep the pests in your home at bay. These methods use natural substances and plants to keep pests away, without the use of harsh chemicals or toxins. Here are five of the best natural pest control methods you can use this spring:
1. Plant Repellent Plants: Pests such as ants and spiders hate certain types of plants like marigolds, lavender, and citronella.
2. Sticky Traps: Setting up sticky traps is an effective way to quickly get rid of small insects such as flies, moths, spiders, and ants.
3. Diatomaceous Earth: This natural substance is made up of tiny fossilized algae-like organisms called diatoms and has amazing insect-repelling properties when used correctly.
4. Boric Acid Powders & Sprays: Boric acid is a naturally occurring mineral that can be used as an organic pesticide for many different kinds of insects including ants, roaches, fleas and ticks.
5. Natural Oils: Certain essential oils have strong bug repellent properties that make them ideal for keeping insects away from your house or garden area.
The best way to reduce the population of pests is through a combination of different methods. You should always consult with a professional before starting any kind of pest control program in order to get the best results.